Connecticut College / Information Services / The Linda Lear Center for Special Collections and Archives / Collections /
Secondary Literature in the Collection
The Bromberg Collection has over two dozen titles of secondary literature. This is supplemented by secondary material in the library's circulating collection, which may be searched in the library catalog, Caravan.
- All things Oz. ed. by Linda Sunshine. New York: Clarkson Potter, 2003.
- Anobile, Richard J. The Wiz scrapbook. New York: Berkley Publishing, 1978.
- Baum, Frank Joslyn and Russell P. MacFall. To please a child: a biography of L. Frank Baum, royal historian of Oz. Chicago: Reilly & Lee, 1961.
- Carpenter, Angelica Shirley and Jean Shirley. L. Frank Baum, royal historian of Oz. Minneapolis: Lerner Publications, 1992.
- Cox, Stephen. The Munchkins of Oz. Nashville, Tenn.: Cumberland House, 1996.
- Eyles, Allen. The world of Oz. New York: Viking, 1985.
- Fricke, John. 100 years of Oz: a century of classic images from the Wizard of Oz collection of Willard Carroll. Photography by Richard Glenn and Mark Hill. New York: Stewart, Tabori & Chang, 1999.
- Fricke, John with Jay Scarfone and William Stillman. The wizard of Oz: the official 50th anniversary pictorial history. New York: Warner Books, 1989.
- Greene, David L. and Dick Martin. The Oz scrapbook. New York: Random House, 1977.
- Greene, Douglas G. and Peter E. Hanff. Bibliographia oziana, founded on and continuing the Baum Bugle checklist. Kinderhook, Ill.: International Wizard of Oz Club, 1976.
- Greene, Douglas G. and Peter E. Hanff. Bibliographia oziana. Kinderhook, Ill.: International Wizard of Oz Club, 1988. Rev. and enlarged ed.
- Hinke, C.J. Oz in Canada: a bibliography. Vancouver: William Hoffer, 1982.
- The hundredth anniversary celebration. ed. by Peter Glassman. New York: Harper Collins, 2000.
- Lahr, John. Notes on a cowardly lion: a biography of Bert Lahr. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1969.
- McClelland, Doug. Down the yellow brick road: the making of the Wizard of Oz. New York: Pyramid, 1976.
- Moore, Raylyn. Wonderful wizard marvelous land. Bowling Green, Oh.: Bowling Green University Popular Press, 1974.
- Pattrick, Robert R. Unexplored territory in Oz: an excursion through hitherto regions of Oz by means of four essays. Kinderhook, Ill.: International Wizard of Oz Club, 1975.
- Riley, Michael O. Oz and beyond: the fantasy world of L. Frank Baum. Lawrence, Kans.: University of Kansas Press, 1997.
- Rogers, Katherine M. L. Frank Baum: creator of Oz. New York: St. Martin’s Press, 2002.
- Scarfone, Jay and William Stillman. The wizard of Oz collector’s treasury. West Chester, Penn.: Schiffer Publishing, 1992.
- Scarfone, Jay and William Stillman. The wizardry of Oz: the artistry and magic of the 1939 M-G-M classic. New York: Gramercy Books, 1999.
- Snow, Jack. Who’s who in Oz. New York: Peter Bedrick, 1988.
- Starrett, Vincent. Best loved books of the twentieth century. New York: Bantam, 1955.
- Thomas, Rhys. The ruby slippers of Oz. Los Angeles: Tale Weaver, 1989.
- Rushdie, Salman. The wizard of Oz. London: BFI Film Classics, 1992.
- Swartz, Mark Evan. Oz before the rainbow: L. Frank Baum’s The wonderful wizard of Oz on stage and screen to 1939. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2000.
- Who’s who, what’s what and where’s where in Oz: the canon. comp. by Peter B. Clarke. Des Plaines, Ill.: Arcus, 1994.
- Who’s who in Oz, an appendix. By James E. Haff with Ruth Berman. 1993. Unpublished draft signed by Ruth Berman.