Connecticut College / Information Services / The Linda Lear Center for Special Collections and Archives / Collections /
Conservation and Research Foundation Reports, Theses, and Publications
A number of reports, theses, and other publications have been produced with support from the Conservation and Research Foundation. A listing of those held by the Lear Center is below.
- Baldwin, Malcolm, and James K. Page, Jr.eds . Law and the Environment: A Conservation Foundation Publication. New York: Walker and Co., 1970.
- Brenneman, Russell L. Private Approaches to the Preservation of Open Land. New London, Conn.: Conservation and Research Foundation, 1967.
- Brenneman , Russell L. and Sarah M. Bates, eds. Land-saving Action: A Written Symposium by 29 Experts on Private Land Conservation in the 1980s. Cavelo , CA: Island Press, 1984.
- Caldwell, Lynton K. In Defense of Earth: International Protection of the Biosphere. Bloomington: Indiana Univ. Press, 1972.
- Caldwell, Lynton K. International Environmental Policy: Emergence and Dimensions. Durham: Duke Press Policy Studies, 1984.
- Coleman, Eliot. The New Organic Grower: A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener. Chelsea: Chelsea Green, 1989.
- Goldman, Benjamin A., James A. Hulme and Cameron Johnson. Hazardous Waste Management: Reducing the Risk. Washington: Island Press, 1986.
- Gonzalez, Patrick J. Dynamics of Biodiversity and Human Carrying Capacity in the Senegal Sahel. Dissertation, Univ. of Calif., Berkeley, 1997.
- Hilz, Christoph. Toxic Waste Exports to the Third World: An Analysis of Policy Options and Recommendations for an International Protocol to Protect the Global Environment. MIT, Center for Technology, Policy, and Industrial Development. Paper No. HSMP 16. January 1990.
- Kaffka , Stephen. Sustaining the Smaller Dairy Farm in the Northeast . New Milford, CT: Sunny Valley Foundation, Inc. 1987.
- Krause, Mary Lou. Solar Box Cookers in Pakistan and Nepal: A Project Sponsored by the Conservation and Research Foundation. 1991.
- Krause, Mary Lou. Solar Box Cookers in Malawi: A Project Sponsored by the Conservation and Research Foundation. 1993.
- Laderman, Aimlee D. The Ecology of the Atlantic White Cedar Wetlands: A Community Profile . U.S. Fish Wildl. Serv. Biol. Rep. 85(7:21).
- Laderman, Aimlee D. Atlantic White Cedar Wetlands. Boulder: Westview Press, Inc., 1987.
- Morrison, Shannon L. The Effects of Genotypes, Soil Moisture and Competition on the Growth of an Invasive Grass , Phalaris Arundinacea L. (Reed Canary Grass). M.S. thesis, University of Vermont, 1998.
- Myers, Ronald L. The Ecology of Low Diversity Palm Swamps Near Tortuguero, Costa Rica. PhD Dissertation, University of Florida, 1981.
- Nordstrom, Lisa A. Small Mammal Use of Forested Corridors in Fragmented Landscapes. M.S. thesis, Washington State University, 1995.
- Rare Center's Family Planning Initiative for Saint Lucia. Researching and Evaluating Saint Lucia's Population “Problem” Offers New Solutions in Broadcasting Information on Lifestyle Issues for Today's Youth.
- Rogers, Christopher T. “New Perspectives on Culture, Tourism, and Economic Development. Providing planning, alternatives for Punta Ballena, Guanica, Puerto Rico," Tri Working Paper #54”. New Haven: Tropical Resources Institute, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, 1991.
- Rohlf, Daniel J. “The Endangered Species Act: A Guide to Its Protections and Implementation.” Stanford, Calif.: Stanford Environmental Law Society, 1989.
- Salafsky, Nick.”The Forest Garden Project: An Ecological and Economic Study of Locally Developed Land-Use System in Kalimantan, Indonesia.. PhD Dissertation, Duke University, 1993.
- Trujillo Arriaga, Franciso Javier. The Agroecology of Maize Production in Tlaxcala, Mexico: Cropping Systems Effects on Arthropod Communities. PhD Dissertation, Univ. of Calif. Berkeley, 1987.
- White, Marshall. Population Ecology of Some Whitetail Deer in South Texas. PhD Dissertation. Purdue University, 1967.
- Yamaguchi, David Kay. The Development of Douglas Fir Forests Northeast of Mount Helens, Washington, Following an A.D. 1480 Eruption. PhD Dissertation, Univ. of Washington, 1986.